Description
Built in 1729 by Jean-Baptiste Anthony (1690-1760) to take advantage of commercial navigation on the Saône to serve as a grain and wine counter (3,600 m2 of floor space), the building left its mark on the life of Arc-lès-Gray in a number of ways: it was the seed of urban planning in this part of the town and the precursor of the large trading houses that were later to establish themselves along the "chaussée d'Arc" and the Quai Villeneuve (built in 1822).
